Saturday 30 September 2017

NEWEST ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (UNIUYO)


If you have ever come across him in his simple style of dressing, you would first think he is clerk or one junior officer roaming about the corridors of the department. This was my first impression of him, the first time i saw him in my 200 level. I could not recall what I was doing in the conference room of the department, i sat down waiting for a lecturer or someone and He walked in. I greeted him and conversation started between us. He sat on the table chatting with me until someone else came in and referred to him, "Doctor!, your presence is needed at the Dean's office". That was one of the most shocking day of my life. Why? I never had the slightest idea i was chatting with PhD holder in such a manner that, you would think we are mates or colleagues. I mean, there was no demarcation of whatsoever  hierarchy. I am referring to a very humble man whose meekness can be likened to that of Moses.

I am refering to a Man who is loved by every students who have ever come across him.

An astute Academic! 

I am refering to Dr. Innocent Oboh

He recently got promoted as AN ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING. I wanted to use this medium to CELEBRATE HIM. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours. 

Other Engineers promoted are 

Prof Aniekan Offiong, full professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Uyo

Dr Paul Ihiom, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering 

Dr Mrs Constance Kalu, Associate Professor of Computer Engineering



Congratulations to engineering family. University of Uyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment